Background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mayhem

Thursday night after I got done putting Adele to bed I came upstairs to find a tree had fallen on our car in a crazy windstorm. The only thing that came to my mind was an Allstate commercial. "I am a random windstorm. Shaky, shaky, shaky. And if you named your own price on car insurance you could be picking up this tab yourself." Mayhem came to our house and landed on our car! After my dad used a chainsaw to cut the tree off our car it didn't look like too much damage was done. The insurance adjuster looked at it today and any guesses on the price to fix this little dent?!?!

$1700! I was SHOCKED! That $1700 only includes labor--no parts. I went to tell Travis that we are in the wrong profession and he informed me that fixing humans pays way better than fixing cars! We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. thats pricey! I find those commercials funny but its sad to see that it happened to you. Is there some other place that you can get it fixed cheaper?
    It looks like you guys have been having fun and are keeping busy. I enjoy seeing all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie that is crazy... we had something ridiculous happen to our car last month and holy cow was it a doozy... thank goodness for insurance!!! Hey when do you guys make the big move??

    ReplyDelete